Silent, Invisible, Deadly

Harbor Insurance Group


Dec 28, 2012

Silent, Invisible, Deadly


Carbon monoxide is a serious issue that every person should be aware of. This poisonous gas is both silent and deadly, due to the fact that it is odorless, tasteless, and colorless. There are a lot of possible times where you could potentially be exposed to carbon monoxide, so here are some key safety tips to take under advisement.

First of all, it is essential to make sure that no matter where you are, you are in a well-ventilated area. You want to avoid being completely shut in with the air flow of an area. This is especially important I you are in close proximity to engine exhaust, such as if you are in the garage.

It is also a very prudent idea to have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and garage area. These will provide you with an early alarm system which will give you the edge when it comes to preventing carbon monoxide poisoning. Since human being cannot detect it on their own until it is too late, electronic measures need to be relied upon. Always make sure that batteries are in good working order for these devices.

Lastly, never hesitate to get out of an area if there is any kind of carbon monoxide risk. The initiative that you take in this regard has the potential to save your life. Take the right precautions and be ready to act in order to prevent exposure to this incredibly dangerous element. The efforts that you take are worth it in every way.

Article Comments

There are no comments yet.

Be the First to Leave a Comment

(Do not fill out this field, or your comment will be ignored. This field is here to help us protect against automated (spam) comments.

Your comment will show up once it has been reviewed.

St. Petersburg
810 63rd Avenue N
St. Petersburg, Florida 33702

8:30AM - 5PM Mon - Fri